BRACH’S® Cinnamon Jelly Heart Cupcakes
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- additional ¼ cup sugar
- 1 bag of BRACH’S® Cinnamon Jelly Hearts
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- With a clean pair of kitchen scissors (or a knife) cut the hearts into small chunks and toss in the extra ¼ cup of sugar to coat sticky areas. Remove any extra sugar.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla at medium speed until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Drop an even amount of BRACH’S® Cinnamon Jelly Heart pieces into the batter in each cup.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until the tops of the cupcakes spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and put on a cooling rack to let cool completely before frosting.
- Blend together the shortening, butter and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- While the mixer is going, slowly add the water in a thin stream and continue to beat until absorbed and the frosting becomes fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting (or spread with a spatula) onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Place one BRACH’S® Cinnamon Jelly Heart on each cupcake for decoration and serve.