BRACH’S® Cherry Sours Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini chips work best)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup BRACH’S® Cherry Sours
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using cooking spray, coat the muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Cut BRACH’S® Cherry Sours in half by flattening each slightly (so they don’t roll) and cut with a sharp knife.
- Gently fold BRACH’S® Cherry Sours, chocolate chips and walnuts, reserving ¼ cup of walnuts for the tops.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each section of the muffin pan.
- Finely mince the remaining walnuts and sprinkle on the tops of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at 425 degrees F then reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 15-20 min.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.