BRACH’S® Peppermint Window Cookies
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and cream till fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, almond, salt and mix.
- Add in flour and mix well to form a dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper until even and approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use your choice of cookie cutters to cut out the main shape. Then use either a smaller cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut out middle opening.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake for 7 to 8 minutes until partially cooked. Cookies will still be pale and soft.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and sprinkle the Crushed Candy Canes into the small cut out centers. Use care. The cookie sheet will be hot.
- Put the cookie sheet back in the oven and bake for 5 more mins or until the cookies are slightly golden and the candy is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins. Then transfer cookies to a baking rack so they cool completely. Store in an airtight container.