BRACH’S® Peppermint Hot Cocoa (Gift Idea)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (best quality you can find)
- 2½ cups nonfat dry milk powder
- ⅔ teaspoon fine-grain salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- Mix first five ingredients well in a big bowl or put in an airtight container and shake until mixed.
- For a pretty gift, layer in a mason jar with the BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes until the jar is filled. Close jar securely and decorate with fabric and/or ribbon. Include a note with instructions to make hot chocolate.
- For your own use, before putting in a jar, mix in BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes until well blended in hot chocolate mix.
To serve: Place 2 tablespoons of the mix in a mug and add about 2 fluid ounces hot water or for richer, creamier hot chocolate, use milk. Stir to combine. Fill the mug with more hot water or milk and enjoy.