BRACH’S® Peppermint Christmas Cream Puffs
Puff Pastry Ingredients
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
Candy Cane Whipped Cream Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla flavoring
- ½ cup Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Puff Pastry Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat until mixed in. Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a heaping tablespoon of dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, keeping 2 inches in between each puff.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until just slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely and then slice in half so you have a top and a bottom.
Candy Cane Whipped Cream Filling Instructions
- Combine first three ingredients.
- Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small, heatproof bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream to a light simmer.
- Pour warmed cream over the chopped chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 1 minute, then gently stir until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly until mixture is thin enough to pour but not so much that it is runny.
- Place each pastry puff on a plate.
- Open and fill with Candy Cane Whipped Cream using either a spoon or a piping bag. You can also use a zipper lock bag with the corner cut off.
- Put the top half of the puff back on over the whipped cream.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate ganache over the top.
- Immediately sprinkle additional Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes over the ganache.
- Recipe Note: Wait to assemble cream puffs shortly before dessert is served.