BRACH’S® Peppermint & Buttercream Surprise Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Candy Cane Buttercream Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4½ to 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup of Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
Whipped Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla flavoring
Chocolate Cupcakes Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in oil and milk, stirring until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup hot water and stir until the mixture is combined into a thin batter.
- Fill cupcake cups just over ⅔ of the way full and bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes.
Candy Cane Buttercream Filling Instructions
- In a medium bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and beat for 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add more powdered sugar as needed for thicker frosting.
- Mix in Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out a hole in the center of the completely cooled cupcakes. Spoon the Candy Cane Buttercream into the hole. Frost using Whipped Cream Frosting recipe.
Whipped Cream Frosting Instructions
- Combine all ingredients
- Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Frost cooled and filled cupcakes with Whipped Cream frosting. Sprinkle Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes on top. Serve. Refrigerate any extra cupcakes for up to 4 days.