Holiday Chocolate Pancakes with BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Canes
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp peppermint extract or vanilla extract
- ¾ cups buttermilk (if needed you can replace with milk)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- ¼ cup Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
These chocolate pancakes take it over-the-top with the addition of crushed candy canes for the holidays.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Total Time – 30 minutes
Servings - 10 pancakes
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined. The batter is thick and lumpy. If desired, add in mini chocolate chips.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and grease lightly with butter or oil.
- Scoop approximately ¼ cup of pancake batter into the griddle. Mixture may be thick, and if so use spoon to help spread the batter out a bit in the pan. Cook until pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, butter, or crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
- Recipe Notes: * A triggered ice cream scoop is perfect for scooping your batter. *Whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted for the all-purpose flour.
Recipe from Love from the Oven