BRACH’S® Frosted Holiday Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 1 standard size chocolate cake mix
- 1 ounce package chocolate pudding (dry mix 3-4 serving size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup warm water
- optional: If desired add 1-2 teaspoons of pure peppermint extract
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoon BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- 8 ounces of chopped white chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream, half and half can also work
- ½-1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- ¼ cup BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all cake ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well-combined.
- Spoon approximately ⅓ of batter into a Bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon cream cheese filling (directions below) onto cake batter. Spread remaining cake batter over cream cheese filling.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from Bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or chocolate glaze if desired.
Cream Cheese Filling Instructions
- Combine softened cream cheese, egg, sugar and peppermint extract in a bowl and mix with a mixer until well combined and creamy. Stir in Crushed Candy Canes. Mix to combine.
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works best) combine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Spoon or pour over cake. Sprinkle with Crushed Candy Canes. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Love from the Oven