Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe with BRACH’S® Canes
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 3½ cups whole milk (lower fat content milk will work, but will not be quite as creamy)
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- Brach’s® Full Size Candy Canes
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, salt and boiling water in a sauce pan.
- Bring mixture back up to an easy boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer, while stirring, for approximately two minutes. Keep a close eye on it and make sure it’s a gentle boil to avoid scorching.
- Stir in milk and heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and half and half. Stir well.
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and Brach’s® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes.
- Serve with a candy cane for stirring.
- Recipe Notes: Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Recipe from Love from the Oven