Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe with BRACH’S® Canes
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 3½ cups whole milk (lower fat content milk will work, but will not be quite as creamy)
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- BRACH’S® Full Size Candy Canes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, salt and boiling water in a sauce pan.
- Bring mixture back up to an easy boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer, while stirring, for approximately two minutes. Keep a close eye on it and make sure it’s a gentle boil to avoid scorching.
- Stir in milk and heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and half and half. Stir well.
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes.
- Serve with a candy cane for stirring.
Recipe from Love from the Oven