BRACH’S® Sea Salt Chocolate Candy Corn Caramel Shortbread Bites
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- BRACH’S® Caramels (each piece cut in half)
- BRACH’S® Sea Salt Chocolate Candy Corn
- white chocolate and milk chocolate candy melts for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar together until smooth (about 5-6 minutes).
- Mix in vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in cornstarch and flour. Mix on low until the dough starts to crumble and clump together.
- Knead the dough with your hands until a ball forms.
- Make 1½ inch balls and place about 1½ inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Using the bottom of a teaspoon size measuring spoon, press into the top of each ball to make an indentation.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will be very pale at this point.
- Remove from oven and place a piece of caramel in each indentation. If needed indent center again.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Immediately place two BRACH’S® Sea Salt Chocolate Candy Corns on the top of each cookie so they rest on the caramel.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wired cookie rack to cool completely.
- Melt the white and milk chocolate candy melts and drizzle across the top of each cookie to finish them.