BRACH’S® Harvest Candy Corn Mocha Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder natural, not Dutch process
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee, boiling
- 72 pieces Brach’s Harvest Corn for garnish
- ½ cups butter melted
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with standard sized cupcake liners.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Carefully stir in boiling coffee. The batter will be quite thin. Fill prepared cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on a wire cooling rack prior to frosting.
- Once butter is melted, stir in cocoa and mix until butter and cocoa have combined.
- Next, using an electric mixer, alternately add powdered sugar and cream, beating until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Add an extra teaspoon of cream if a thinner consistency is desired. If frosting seems too thin, add additional powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread or pipe onto cakes or cupcakes as desired. Top each frosted cupcake with three pieces of Brach’s Harvest Corn.
- Recipe Note: Makes 24 cupcakes
Recipe from Love From The Oven