BRACH’S® Football Candy Corn Cookie Cups
- cookie cups
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened but not melted
- 3-4 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 bag BRACH’S® Football Candy Corn
Servings: 24 cups
- Cookie cups
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease the cups of a mini cupcake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugars and butter together until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down the bowl and add vanilla and continue beating 30 more seconds until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, gently mixing until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop approximately a tablespoon of cookie dough into each mini cupcake cavity. Gently pressing dough into cavity and flatten the top.
- Bake for approximately 7 -12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a metal rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to continue cooling. If you have trouble getting the cups out, you can very gently try to twist the top of each cup, and they should release and pop out. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- Beat butter on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix well until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Add vanilla extract, salt, and 1 tablespoon of milk or cream and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in green food coloring to reach desired shade, and mix until well combined.
- If frosting needs to be thicker, add more sifted powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- If frosting needs to be thinner, add milk, one teaspoon at a time.
- Pipe onto the tops of cooled cookie cups.
- Top each cookie cup with a BRACH’S® Football Candy Corn.
Recipe from Love From The Oven