BRACH’S® Chocolate Mint Candy Corn Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder natural, not Dutch process
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 24 pieces BRACH’S® Chocolate Mint Candy Corn
- ½ cups butter melted
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
Makes 24 Cups
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with standard sized cupcake liners.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and mint extract; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Carefully stir in boiling water. The batter will be quite thin. Fill prepared cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on a wire cooling rack prior to frosting.
- Once butter is melted, stir in cocoa and mix until butter and cocoa have combined.
- Next, using an electric mixer, alternately add powdered sugar and cream, beating until light and fluffy. Add in mint extract and mix well.
- Add an extra teaspoon of cream if a thinner consistency is desired. If frosting seems too thin, add additional powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread or pipe onto cakes or cupcakes as desired. Top each frosted cupcake with a piece of BRACH’S® Chocolate Mint Candy Corn.
Recipe from Love From The Oven