BRACH’S® Candy Corn Spice Cookies
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup BRACH’S® Candy Corn
- 1 cup Roasted Peanuts (optional)
Spice Mix Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Blend together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Scrape down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until just blended and set aside.
- Break up BRACH’S® Candy Corn into smaller pieces and add to mix. It helps to smash them a little under a measuring cup to make them easier to break into pieces.
- Add Candy Corn pieces and peanuts to mix and stir until incorporated.
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Make balls out of the dough by measuring out approximately 1 ½ tablespoon and rolling quickly in your hands. Then roll in cinnamon mix and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are puffy and have just started browning on edges.
- Wait 5 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a baking rack to cool.
- Recipe Note: Makes 3 dozen cookies