Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy Pie Bites
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can Apple pie filling (or your own homemade recipe)
- Whipped topping
- Brach’s Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy (1 bag)
*Makes approx. 24 Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy Pie Bites
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a larger separate bowl, mix the sugar and butter and beat for a couple minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until fully mixed.
- Add the flour and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- Take a 1 inch ball of dough and press in one of the muffin tin cups. Press the dough evenly up
- Bake the cookie crusts for about 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from muffin tin. Let cool completely.
- Serve or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. You can also prebake the cookie crusts and prepare the apple filling up to 2-3 days in advanced and assemble right before serving.
- While the cookie crusts are cooling, take the apple pie filling and put in a food processor. Chop until apple pieces are fine.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the apple pie filling in each cookie crust and top with a bit of whipped topping and a Brach’s Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.