Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ⅔ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 6 tbs butter
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel sauces (ice cream topping)
- Brach’s Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy (1 bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the first bowl alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Immediately press a Brach’s Caramel Apple Mellowcreme® Candy into the center of each cupcake.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.