BRACH’S® Spring Cupcakes
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt optional
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp milk half and half or heavy cream, as needed
- Green food coloring
- Assorted Brach’s Easter candies
Makes 16 standard size cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cupcake pan(s) with 16 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined. This mixture may look quite lumpy, don't be alarmed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake papers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add butter and beat until the two are well combined, approximately two minutes.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and salt to the mixture and beat until combined.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating each time until well combined. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add milk, half and half or cream, one tbsp at a time, until desired texture is reached. Less liquid will give you a thicker frosting, more liquid will give you a thinner frosting.
- Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring and mix well. If a darker shade of green is desired, add additional food coloring and mix well.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with assorted Brach’s® Easter candies.
Recipe from Love From The Oven