BRACH’S® Jelly Bird Egg Cake
- your favorite yellow cake baked and cooled
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla
- handful of white jelly beans
- 2¼ cups of solid shortening
- 7½ cups powdered sugar
Make a basic yellow cake special with jelly bean frosting and using jelly beans for decorations.
- In a saucepan, heat to simmering the ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of water and the handful of white jelly beans. Strain out the jelly bird eggs and refrigerate liquid until cold.
- Mix in a separate bowl until smoothly blended: 2¼ cups of solid shortening, 7½ cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon clear vanilla. Slowly add the Jelly Bird water while mixing at high speed.
- Remove about a cup and a half of the frosting and color pink, or whatever spring color you would like. Mix in 1-2 handfuls of BRACH’S® Tiny Jelly Bird Eggs and use as cake filling between layers.
- Use the remaining white frosting for the outside of the cake and decorate with BRACH’S® Classic Jelly Bird Eggs and Tiny Jelly Bird Eggs.