BRACH’S® Chocolate Malted Milk Cake
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup malted milk powder
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (milk or half and half can be used also)
- 1 bag BRACH’S® Pastel Fiesta Malted Milk Eggs, roughly chopped
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Frost/Decorate Time: 5 min
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Spray a 9 ×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Allow cake to cool completely prior to frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine all the cake ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. Once combined, turn the mixer speed to medium and mix well for two minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9 x13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add in malted milk powder and mix until well combined. Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- To this mixture, add in powdered sugar and ½ the cream and mix on low until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the remaining whipping cream and mix on low until smooth.
- Turn mixer up to medium speed and whip for 1-2 minutes. If a thinner frosting is desired, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Frost cooled cake and sprinkle chopped BRACH’S® Pastel Fiesta Malted Milk Eggs over the top to decorate.