1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sour cream
Brach’s® Emoticon Conversation Hearts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Mix in the butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla at medium speed until the batter is smooth and creamy.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
6. Drop a Brach’s® Emoticon Conversation Heart into the batter in each cup.
7. Bake for 9-12 minutes until the tops of the cupcakes spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and put on a cooling rack to let cool completely before frosting.
1/2 cup softened butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
1. Using a hand mixer, blend butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar a little at a time; beat until completely mixed in and frosting is smooth.
3. Fill a large re-sealable bag with the frosting and snip off a small corner of the bag.
4. Pipe a swirl onto each mini cupcake and top with a Brach’s® Emoticon Conversation Heart.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.