1 box yellow cake mix
¾ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil 3 eggs
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix Brach’s® Large Conversation Hearts
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Put the Conversation Hearts in a bag and then put the bag in a second one. Place the bags on a sturdy cutting board and use a hammer or mallet to break into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. In large bowl, blend the cake mix, water, eggs and oil with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and completely blended.
5. Spoon the batter into a re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the baggie and cut small hole off of one of the bottom corners.
6. Pipe batter into 36 small circles onto cookie sheets about 1-inch apart to allow for spreading.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges start to brown slightly. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove from cookie sheets and place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
1 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
1/4 cup cold water
1. Blend together the shortening, butter and vanilla extract until creamy.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
3. While the mixer is going, slowly add the water in a thin stream and continue to beat until absorbed and the frosting becomes fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Put the frosting into a re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the baggie and cut small hole off of one of the bottom corners.
5. Pipe a layer of filling onto one of the whoopee cake halves and top with a second.
6. Roll the edge in the crushed pieces of Brach’s® Conversation Hearts firmly so the candy sticks.
7. Refrigerate until almost 15 minutes before serving.