3 ounces chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl and pour hot coffee over chocolate. Mix until the chips are completely melted and blended with coffee. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix dry ingredients together — sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs on medium speed until frothy.
5. Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla and chocolate-coffee mixture to eggs, beating well to blend.
6. Add in dry ingredient mixture, a little at a time, mixing only until integrated.
7. Pour into a lined cupcake pan, making each cupcake about half filled.
8. Drop 2-3 Brach’s® Cherry Sours into each cupcake.
9. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 25 minutes, using a toothpick to check for doneness.
1 cup salted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
¾ cup of cocoa powder
1-2 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Brach’s® Cherry Sour Jels
1. Cream together butter and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, blend together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Using a mixer, slowly mix the dry mix into the butter and vanilla mix and blend until smooth.
4. Slowly drizzle in the milk until frosting is smooth and creamy.
5. Pipe onto each fully cooled cupcake or frost with a knife.
6. Place 1-3 Brach’s® Cherry Sour Jels on top of cupcakes for decoration.